Wednesday, April 25, 2007

LIVE YOUR DREAM!


Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration.Evan Esar

For us to record success in anything we do, we need to have the strong desire to do that thing and be successful at it.
Sometime back, about two years now, a friend of mine called to say hello after a very long silence from both ends. We chatted on about old stuff for some minutes then I asked about his dream project and his answer was; “Oh, that? I forgot about it 3 months ago after my fiancée convinced me it’s going to be a failure.” Right from high school, he’d had this dream of becoming a fashion designer, having his own label. Well, I felt really bad that he allowed someone to discourage him from reaching out to his dream and told him so. He told me he’d realized it’s not his true calling and that he’ll never make anything out of it. Good enough, I was able to convince him to get up that minute and start working towards it.Today, he’s not the biggest name in town, he’s not even one of the most popular, but he's getting there. With little effort on his part, he was able to rediscover himself and his fiancée is 100% behind him now! Nothing pains me than hearing that people actually abandon their dreams because somebody said it’s bound to fail.
According to Eleanor Roosevelt "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” I do not believe there’s something you can’t achieve once you set your mind on it. I also once had this dream of having a big fashion outfit (now don’t laugh…) back in high school. I got all the support I needed but I didn’t make out time to realize my dream.Well,somehow, somewhere, I decided to do something better with my life and I moved on, but I never for once stopped thinking of where I would’ve been today if I’d done what I should have done when I should have done it!
We are all dreamers and maybe we can’t do everything we dream of doing and maybe we can’t be everywhere we plan to be, but I want you to know that if you don’t stand up now, you may not be able to stand when you should. Even if you have to crawl, just get out of your comfort zone! If you learn how to crawl, you can walk and you can run! But there’s no way you’ll crawl if you don’t stand up. Ideas are like plants, they need to be watered, nortued and tended, less they dry up and die. You will only be a failure if you refuse to learn from your mistakes.

I’ve come up with some simple tools to success:
1. If you can dream it, you can do it.
2. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
3. You must begin where you are and with what you are and what you have.
4. Discover yourself, use your talent
5. Be ready to make mistakes and learn from them for it is better to try and fail than to fail to try.
6. Take responsibility for your actions
7. Put your heart in whatever you do

8. Believe in yourself
9. The sky is your limit.

10. Keep your dreams alive.

It’s time to stand on your feet and reach out.To achieve anything,you need to be determined,dedicated,persistent and visionary.Have faith in yourself and believe. Don't forget: there will be miracles when you believe!
Let me share some of my favorite inspirational quotes with you,I hope you'll find them useful.

Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
Elaine Maxwell

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Thomas Alva Edison

A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her.
David Brinkley

Success is not final,failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
Og Mandino.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your spirit,It's a good thing to live your dream...like they say,if you can dream it you can live it...i'll drop you an email later...basket.

Anonymous said...

It's me bella. been trying to leave you a comment using my blogger account www.campaignforrealbeauty.blogspot.com but it's not working.I think you've overlooked the fact that situations may make your dream a mirage and life is not a bull that you can take by the horn.

Anonymous said...

vegetable stockport clip photographic iccpr inculcating helplinedrc gene furher massively race
lolikneri havaqatsu